Dave Kidd:
Coaching the greatest team in the word
On the eve of the Inter-Agency World Cup, Andy spoke to ETF team manager Dave Kidd about working with such a group of star players, team tactics and, being an Irishman, which teams to put your money on...
“I'm an Irish thrill seeker with a rich sporting background. I've managed my school rugby team, the 4th team that is, and managed my own personal golfing career which went nowhere. I'm personally very inspired by José Mourinho which should help as we'll be playing in Portugal .
I’ve been managing the ETF for two seasons now, but it seems like 10. Its a tough job but I enjoy a challenge.
I'll be telling the lads that it doesn't matter whether they win or lose, just go out there and come back alive. Its a game of two halves and if you win them both that's the best anyone can ask for. Our tactics will be Italian style such as falling over as much as possible and crying for penalties.
Well we've a few surprises up our sleeve like Mircea, definitely our fastest player, Gary who doesn't know whether he is a centre forward or a goalie and Filippo who can run rings around himself until he falls down dizzy. But we'll be keeping all these special skills secret until the big day. Fabio is our true inspiration though, a man who understands motivation with a 'never say die' attitude.
In fact we're pretty keen to do better than EFSA just to show them who's boss in terms of Italian agencies. Other than that we'd like to make friends not enemies with the girls team, Bank. I know the lads are keeping a special eye open for the ladies.
If you’re a betting person, I'd say keep your money for better days. The safest way to double your money during this tournament is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket.
Win or lose we will be swimming in the Atlantic ocean on Sunday evening with a few beers to celebrate. Make no mistake this team is going out there to win and if we don't win we'll lose I reckon. Free beers all round whatever the outcome!
I'll be telling the lads that it doesn't matter whether they win or lose, just go out there and come back alive. Its a game of two halves and if you win them both that's the best anyone can ask for. Our tactics will be Italian style such as falling over as much as possible and crying for penalties.
Well we've a few surprises up our sleeve like Mircea, definitely our fastest player, Gary who doesn't know whether he is a centre forward or a goalie and Filippo who can run rings around himself until he falls down dizzy. But we'll be keeping all these special skills secret until the big day. Fabio is our true inspiration though, a man who understands motivation with a 'never say die' attitude.
In fact we're pretty keen to do better than EFSA just to show them who's boss in terms of Italian agencies. Other than that we'd like to make friends not enemies with the girls team, Bank. I know the lads are keeping a special eye open for the ladies.
If you’re a betting person, I'd say keep your money for better days. The safest way to double your money during this tournament is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket.
Win or lose we will be swimming in the Atlantic ocean on Sunday evening with a few beers to celebrate. Make no mistake this team is going out there to win and if we don't win we'll lose I reckon. Free beers all round whatever the outcome!
Dave!
(interviewed by Andy)

No comments:
Post a Comment